The State of Montana Project Management Advisory Workgroup's mission is to promote project management across state government, encourage the use of project management best practices, and help ensure state government projects meet their intended objectives with respect to scope, time, and budget.
To provide a forum:
- For project role to projects by supplying templates, best practices, training, access to information, and lessons learned from other projects.
- For adopting project managemenmanagement collaboration.
- For a consultative t frameworks or methodologies, using specific templates, forms and tools.
- To assist and mentor project managers.
- For project management training and certification.
- To develop and maintain project management policy.
- To create and manage a state project portfolio.
- To ensure accurate and consistent reporting to the Legislative Finance Committee (LFC Dashboard).
Roles and Responsibilities
- The focus of the workgroup will be IT oriented projects. However, project teams from other domains are welcome to participate.
- Participation is open to state agencies and the project management community.
- Agencies will be represented by designating a delegate and alternate.
- Agencies with projects on the LFC dashboard are encouraged to participate.
- State Chief Information Officer will use this workgroup to assist in reporting to the LFC.
- A chair will be nominated and appointed by the workgroup on an annual basis.
- The workgroup will be staffed by State Information Technology Services Division (SITSD), CIO Support Staff.
- Agencies will maintain autonomy over their projects including budget and staffing.
- Mentoring and assistance for agency projects will be voluntary and upon request.
- The workgroup will report to Information Technology Managers Council (ITMC).
Archived Meeting Agendas and Minutes
PMI Montana Chapter
Back to ITMC Main Page