Division Mission: To provide shared information technology services to support the needs of the state and citizens of Montana.
Goal: Increase connections between information and people.
- Deliver network services that enable online education and remote access to state and local government services.
- Deliver mobile access to state services for citizens, businesses, and state employees.
- Facilitate the development of apps that encourage citizen engagement.
Goal: Run the division as an efficient and effective IT business.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Provide support for and management of suppliers/vendor partners.
- Track software and hardware.
- Ensure workforce development.
- Encourage forward-thinking, innovative solutions.
- Utilize cloud, open source, and existing systems.
- Conduct regular program performance audits/reviews.
- Develop division communication plan.
- Grow customer relationships.
- Ensure appropriate enterprise-wide solutions.
Goal: Foster and encourage collaboration among state agencies and with other states.
- Leverage standards, technical innovations, and systems from other government entities.
- Share systems, components, and functionality across Montana agencies, Montana political subdivisions, and other states.
Goal: Strengthen enterprise security.
- Implement an enterprise cyber security program.
- Provide enterprise security training.
Goal: Coordinate the implementation of the Statewide Public Safety Land Mobile Radio System.
- Oversee and coordinate the completion of the statewide public safety land mobile radio (LMR) backbone.
- Engage all public safety stakeholders in the development of a long-term, viable plan for the ongoing operation and maintenance of the public safety LMR system in Montana.
- Oversee and provide guidance in the implementation of the State and Local Implementation Grant Program.
- Provide oversight of and consult with FirstNet as the nationwide public safety broadband network is deployed in Montana.
Goal: Implement enterprise IT oversight, coordination, planning, budgeting, and policy responsibilities as outlined in the Montana Information Technology Act.
- Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of new IT resources using the best practices of project management.
- Develop and publish Montana's State Strategic Plan for IT.
- Develop and publish Montana's Biennial Report on IT.
- Develop and execute a process that creates, reviews, and approves agency IT plans.
- Develop and execute a process that creates and reviews agency IT performance reports.
- Coordinate with the Office of Budget and Program Planning to evaluate budget requests that include IT resources.
- Establish and enforce enterprise IT policies and standards.
- Review and approve formal agreements for IT resources provided by the private sector and other government entities and approve all acquisitions of executive agencies.
- Provide enterprise IT project information and policy updates to the Legislative Finance Committee.